Caution: The running course and drive route cross several times
- The routes are fairly direct and provide sufficient time to travel to the next exchange point.
- You will notice that the route may not always be the most direct. Safety, traffic flow and other park user’s concerns are preeminent in the routing. Although we attempted to limit the runner and driver intersections they do exist.
- The drive route is also designed to facilitate responsive medical emergencies and race management.
- We do understand that sometimes you may miss a turn because the stench in the vehicle gets intolerable and you have your head out the window and not on the map. Take a test drive on Friday if you can.
Safety is the key to a great Dirt experience. Dive route is on paved roads, is the shortest route with the least conflicts with incoming vehicles and runners. Use odometer – trip odometer. Stay in designated entrances, flow lanes and exits. Be attentive to parking instructions from the volunteers. Drive after your runner starts the leg. Watch for runners crossing the roads as they do bolt from the trails!
The campground portion of Brown County Park is not open to race vehicle traffic. Volunteers will take care of the runners passing through this area. No Relay exchanges are inside this area. Ultra Aid stations are located within this area but not accessible to Ultra support.
Leg 1: Stay at the Dance barn
Leg 2: Stay at the Dance barn
Leg 3: Mike’s to Ogle Lake
- Exit Right (N) on Ind-46, 1.6 miles to Brown County State Park (BCSP) West Entrance.
- Right (E) into West Gate, show permit. E-W park road 2.95 miles to Ogle Lake Access road/sign.
- Right (S) Ogle Lake road, 1.30 miles to Ogle Lake parking. Exchange 3-4n SW corner by dam.
Leg 4: Stay at Ogle Lake
Leg 5: Stay at Ogle Lake
Leg 6: Ogle Lake to Hoosier’s Nest (Park HQ)
NOTE: The HOOSIER'S NEST EXCHANGE IS ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!
- Exit (N) Ogle Lake road, 1.30 miles to West entrance road
- Right (E) E-W park road (West entrance road), 0.30 to “T”
- Right (S) N-S park road, 0.40 to Hoosier’s Nest/Park HQ
Leg 7: Stay at Hoosier’s Nest
Leg 8: Hoosier’s Nest to North Gate
- Exit Right (N) N-S park road, 0.40 miles to “T” intersection
- Continue straight on N-S park road, 2.1 miles to North Gate Pool parking entrance (just before the BCSP North Gate entrance gueard shack.)
- Left (WNW) into North Gate pool parking lot.
Leg 9: Stay at North Gate
Leg 10: North Gate to Fire Tower (Park HQ)
NOTE: The FIRE TOWER EXCHANGE IS ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!
- Exit parking Right (S) N-S park road, (bear right at “Y” intersection), 2.5 miles to Fire Tower/Park HQ
Leg 11: Stay put at Fire Tower
Leg 12: Fire Tower to Heaven/Nature Center
- Exit South (depends on side road parked) N-S park road, 1.55 miles to Heaven/Nature Center
Leg 13: Stay put at Heaven/Nature Center
Leg 14: Heaven/Nature Center to Beer Near
- Exit (N) N-S park road,1.95 miles to West Entrance road
- Left (W) E-W park road, 2.95 miles to West Entrance, Ind-46
- Left (S) Ind-46, 1.6 miles to Mike’s Dance Barn. Walk to the exchange in the field across the road
Leg 15: Retreat to the Barn